Happy Martin Luther King Jr day to everyone! I'm certainly thankful for everything Dr. King did for this country and am glad that I live in a world that's making steps closer to the one he once dreamed of.
Today was a university holiday, but since I was in town and had work to do I went to the lab and worked a full day. It was nice and quiet; there was one graduate student from each lab but no professors. And I got to park right next to my building and didn't have to fight for parking, so hooray!
I sent an outline of my paper with some preliminary figures to my advisor yesterday. This week I'm going to work on the methods and discussion section and also get ready for the lab work for the last figures I want to put in. So hopefully by the end of next month I'll have a good idea of what's going in the paper. Not sure exactly how long it will take me to write, but I'm hoping to get a lot of writing done in the spring while my live animal experiment is going on.
This week is pretty normal: lab work, some writing, phone conference and a meeting on Wednesday. This weekend is going to be REALLY warm for this time of year, we need some rain but I'm hoping for a clear Saturday so I can do a long bike ride. Haven't signed up for the triathlon yet (waiting until after pay day) but I'm already in training mode. Biked on Saturday, swam on Sunday, and ran today. Also been doing calisthenics to get ready for a ski trip next month. I have a feeling tomorrow I'll hardly be able to walk ;)
Time for a beer and tacos, then a bit of reading to relax before kicking off another week (this time with other people working in the lab too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment