This week, lab work went well but I was pretty exhausted at the end of the week. I really pushed myself to get everything done so I could start my experiment next week; I managed to get it all done but at the end of the day of Friday I was exhausted! Yesterday was also a busy day, with biking in the morning, working on my class paper in the afternoon, and downtown that night.
Today was a much more chill day, though, and I was able to get a little paper work done and went for a lovely walk this afternoon. It was a perfect afternoon, in the high 60's and sunny. Saw a ton of birds, 2 gators, and lots of turtles. It was an especially nice walk with the Midnight in Paris soundtrack. An amazing collection of songs from a wonderful movie! When I listened to it today it reminded me of our wonderful Europe trip last year. Maybe I'm getting more nostalgic now since I'm waiting to hear about my abstract acceptance for the SETAC World Congress in Berlin :P
In addition to lab stuff and working on my class paper, I've been reading through a great book called "Presentation Zen." My last few presentations have been too busy and disorganized, so now I've set out to re-think the way I made presentations. It's got some great tips so far, especially about the planning stages (which I'm still in). I think if I incorporate these practices and think harder about the story I want to tell, my presentations will be better than ever before.
My goal this week is to get my first in situ experiment done, finish the outline for my class paper, and continue to brainstorm ideas for my research paper and presentation. And how is February almost here already??
No comments:
Post a Comment