Similar to what's been going on these past two years, I find myself waiting for things to happen again. Perhaps not in the same sense as when I was waiting to hear about fellowships last year and grad school acceptance the year before, but similar at least in the sense that the things I do in the near future and this summer are out of my direct control.
While I finish preparing for my 21 day experiment, I'm waiting to begin until a fellow graduate student completes his shorter experiment. While it's certainly no problem to have a chance to get organized more completely before I begin, I still have to wait. Already my thoughts turn to summer plans and how the next few months of graduate school are going to progress, but without officially knowing if I'll be in Japan or here in Florida makes that difficult, and so I wait to make any firm commitments on my long-term work plan.
The nice thing about this situation, and the series of "waiting" that preceded it, is that by now I'm used to it. It's not causing me undue stress and I feel like I've become more adept to the "go with the flow" work ethic that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago. I doubt that I'll ever be able to fully allay my plan-ahead-for-every-possible-option mentality, but at least it's a step.
So here's a toast to waiting: May my patience lead me to better opportunities and a calmer mind, so long as I don't have to wait around TOO long...
No comments:
Post a Comment