Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting motivated...

This semester has been a real blessing for me thus far, with ample time to engage in activities that are improving my mental, physical, and spiritual health. The only problem with this schedule is that it can make it hard to be motivated some days. Yesterday was a campus holiday, and while I could have gotten a few things done I only ended up doing a couple of errands and watching Psych episodes after working for a couple of hours...

To help get myself motivated, I'm working on making weekly and monthly goals. I've set out to ride my bike every Saturday and go to church every Sunday, and so far I've been good about meeting these goals. My goal for the end of this month is to write my first article for the Alligator and submit it as a freelance story. I talked to a few editors at the paper on Friday and I now plan on getting more active with my interest in journalistic writing. So for the next couple of weeks I'm keeping my eyes peeled for stories and will be put on the freelance listserv as well.

Hopefully the combination of setting these goals and continuing to keep ahead of things on my project will keep me motivated through the rest of the semester. Not to mention the pressure put on myself for doing well in my first mini triathlon in April (yikes!) and the joys of looking forward to a European vacation this spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment