Saturday, January 29, 2011

A good ending to a morose week

I wrote a rather brooding post on Wednesday about not knowing what the heck I'm doing with my life, feeling bad about mistakes from the earlier stages of my career, etc etc. I spent a good portion of this week in a morose mood, trying to sort out things in my life that really probably didn't need that much sorting out. Yesterday definitely made up for the rest of the week, though:

-Got my first fellowship check of the year; paid off my student fees and put the rest into savings for Europe :)
-Finalized the HPLC method and have a (tentative) starting date for my big experiment
-started swimming this week in preparation for the April triathlon
-came up with a great idea for my first investigative report (more to come)
-found out that I got tentatively awarded the EAPSI fellowship!! now I'm one (BIG) step closer to going to Japan this summer

So needless to say the week ended better than it began!

No comments:

Post a Comment