Yesterday afternoon I took some time from my busy weekend to write a few samples to send to the school newspaper. My plan this week is to talk to one of the freelance editors about becoming a freelance writer. It's something I've been interested in doing for the past few months and I'm glad I have the time and the energy to make progress towards this goal.
This weekend was all-around enjoyable as I focused on getting things done while doing the things that I love the most. I went on my first full 30 mile trail bike ride in nearly 6 months. The west wind was a bit of a killer on the way back to my car but the rest of the ride was so enjoyable; I think I had completely forgotten how much I missed riding. I also did some reading and went to the season opening gymnastics meet.
I think that not doing these types of things on the weekend or during the week is what really made me crazy last semester. I was so worried about everything that I didn't feel like I could take any real time to myself, which left me feeling burned out. To prevent that happening again, I'm going to let myself relax and take the time to ride my bike, do some photography work and freelance writing, and just enjoy life here in Florida.
With that being said, it's time to get back to work. The more I do while I'm here now, the less I have to worry about on the evenings and weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment