So needless to say I have neglected the blog. But after spending a couple days at the national Society of Toxicology conference, I got a few ideas not only for my research project but also to continue honing my non-scientific skills over the next few years. I believe writing is one of these crucial skills for my future, regardless of the type of field I end up working in, and so I've made a pledge to myself to blog about my grad school adventures and/or current events in science at least 3 times per week.
I'll start off by saying that after nearly 7 months of work in the lab, I may have finally narrowed my focus to a viable dissertation project. I'm still working out the details of the project, but it looks like everything will move along in the next few weeks and months. This makes me feel pretty good about everything, namely the fact that I no longer feel like I've been spinning my wheels for no good reason.
Along with the SOT meeting last week, I'll be attending (and presenting at) the regional SETAC meeting in two weeks. Not to mention tests and papers for class. There's certainly a lot going on in the next month!
More details on my "official" grad project as things arise, for the next few days I'll try to keep my eye out for some interesting articles (wonder how the gene patent case ended up...) and also try to keep up with my updates despite the busy few weeks ahead ::I
No comments:
Post a Comment