The Southeast SETAC conference was pretty fun. It was a combined meeting with the Carolinas chapter so there were about 75 people in total. My talk went well; I always get really nervous beforehand but I feel pretty good about how it turned out. Got to meet some students and professors who are doing some cool research. The SETAC group is pretty neat and I'm looking forward to the national meeting in Portland this November. I also got my sweet SETAC bumper sticker (and one for my parents, too!) so now I can officially consider myself cool...
Now I'm spending my Sunday night in panera doing some reading for an upcoming field study that my advisor and I are interested in doing this May. Spend a couple hours in the lab getting caught up on some sequence analysis and such that I'd gotten behind on while getting ready for my class presentation and the conference.
Should be a good week, with more of a focus on my lab stuff than the past couple weeks has allowed for :/ Also heading back to NE for a couple days around Easter time, so that should be fun.
Overall looking forward to the summer with its lack of classes and potential for some cool field work!
No comments:
Post a Comment