Monday, February 24, 2014

A needed break with a good friend. Hello from Poland!

Sorry for the lack of posts as of late-after the busy fall semester and Christmas, things were quiet in my life in terms of work. My best friend Kim came to visit, I finally had my wisdom teeth surgery, and found out that the start of my post-doc will be delayed due to a delay in getting paperwork in for my VISA from the Univeristy that I'll be working that. I spent most of my free time either packing up our apartment, playing around with some software that I'll need for my new job, and trying to finish up some papers.

Life has been good but I'm  quite happy to have a change of scenery after sitting around at home for a month :) Feeling refreshed and energized again as I spend some time in Krakow visiting my very good friend Dragan. We met at the SETAC North America meeting in Long Beach over a year ago and have since become very good friends. The past year has seen us in the most diverse number of places, from Poland, Florida, Scotland, Serbia, and the wild wild American west. I'm very happy to be back here in Poland again to spend some time together before I head off to my new job in the UK!

My brain is a bit tired after lots of writing and thinking as of late, so here's some fun photos of Dragan and I from our previous adventures to tide you over until the next exciting part of my life begins. Happy for a different pace of life for the moment but am looking forward to getting the VISA and to start working again :D

First time in Krakow for the YES meeting in Feb 2013

New Orleans in April 2013

Glasgow (post SETAC conference) in May 2013

Petnica Science Center in Serbia in August 2013

Just one of the many amazing stops on our 4500 mile road trip-Very Large Array in Nov 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment