Thursday, September 17, 2009

Back into writing mode.

As the fall semester rolls on, the fellowship application season begins. This year I'm giving the NSF GRFP another shot. It was a bummer not to get it last year but I think I know what I need to work on to give me a better chance at it. I'm also applying for an EPA fellowship, which has a 4500 word(!!) research proposal requirement. It's definitely been hard but this week I had a mini-epiphany as to what I wanted to write about. Being able to narrow down all of my interests into something that I enjoy the most has really helped.

So the craziness of this semester continues. I think I've gotten used to fall semesters just always being super busy though, at least until November when all of a sudden things come to a screeching halt and don't pick back up until December. With these two fellowships due at the end of October/beginning of November I think the trend will remain for this year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment