I am more than thankful for such a memorable summer. Time to reconnect with family and friends, a chance to see part of this world that had previously been unknown to me, and time to take a deep breath before the great plunge known as graduate school.
I have been living these past couple weeks amidst both excitement and fear: excited for all of the new experiences, friends, and opportunities to learn, while also afraid of the unknown that lies ahead. A new school, new lab, and new city all provide numerous places to get lost, and it's easy to feel homesick for the life I've left behind.
But there's a reason I moved 1300 miles from home: growth. As a scientist and a researcher, but also as a person. The complete removal from everything I've grown up with has given me a deep perspective on what's important in the life I am trying to make for myself. And while all of these new things are nerve-wracking at times, I am determined to make the best of everything and to come out of graduate school with an even stronger mind and a better perspective of what I want to achieve with this life.
And so it all begins just one day from now. A new chapter will be written in the story of my life, and I intend on making it one worth reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment