Needless to say it's been a while since I've updated my blog. It seems like everything happened so fast! After I made my official grad school decision it was time to finish up my thesis, prepare for finals, and then graduation weekend arrived. Everything went by really smoothly and I had a great time celebrating my graduation with everyone. I got my diploma last week, it's sitting here by my desk but probably won't get hung up while I'm still at the dorms in Omaha.
I'm greatly enjoying summer 2009 thus far. Working a little bit on the evenings and weekends to bring in some money, but mostly just enjoying this weird concept called "free time." Not having daily obligations or assignments feels...weird. But I've managed to keep myself busy with reading (currently in the middle of Moby Dick) and miscellaneous projects and preparations for the big move in August.
Speaking of moving, I took a short trip last weekend down to Gainesville to do some apartment searching for this fall. I found a good place to live and also had some time to take pictures around G-ville and the UF campus. I'm looking forward to working with new professors in a new school, experiencing life in a new city, and enjoying the new adventure that will be graduate school!
The remainder of my summer will primarily be spent preparing for moving to G-ville, relaxing and spending time with family, and traveling. Next week we'll be taking a whirlwind tour of the American Southwest. I'm pretty excited to see some amazing places that I've not seen before: camping in Colorado, touring Santa Fe/Albuquerque, the Grand Canyon and a few places in Utah. We're leaving in about 10 days, I really need to start figuring out what we're going to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment