Who would have thought that finishing writing and defending a dissertation would taken so much of my time? Feels good to be back at the blog again and now that life has leveled out (at least as much as possible at the moment) I'll hopefully have more time to keep this updated.
After a busy October, filled with visitors, writing, and the successful defense of my thesis, which then transitioned into a November full of traveling and conference-ing, I don't think the reality of graduation has really sunk in yet. The fact that I'll have my Ph.D. officially in the next couple of weeks and will be moving on to the next stage of everything (career, daily life, etc) just doesn't feel real yet.
This Thanksgiving, while still uncertain of what the next stage of my life will look like, I'm thankful for the friends, family, and colleagues who have been a part of this journey with me. From enjoying the good times to commiserating during the not-so-good times, none of this would have been possible without the support and love of those around me :)
This was the final slide I used in my dissertation as a thanks to everyone who's been an important part of this process. More posts to come in the near future about the trip, the conference, and everything exciting in between and in the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment