Another spring means another trip to my field site in the Florida panhandle! This year I collected some water and fish samples to finish up some loose ends within my dissertation project. I was very fortunate to have my committee member Dr. Pine and my lab mate Ignacio out there to help. Last Wednesday we got water from 3 sites and fish from 2 sites, so it was a busy day of dissections, driving, and getting some springtime sun :)
Thankfully the trip was a success and now I've got some samples to keep busy with over the next couple of weeks!
Ignacio and Dr. Pine bringing in a seine of fish
Ignacio getting water from the Fenholloway
A surprisingly pretty view of the one of the sites downstream of the paper mill that I do my field research on. The other site is not nearly as nice looking and smells rather intense!
No comments:
Post a Comment