Already the mid-term for the fall semester is passed...how crazy is that! With fall semester we've also finally gotten nicer weather again. A good motivator for me to get as much work done as I can so I can go enjoy the sunshine by running or biking in the afternoons :) I started doing the analysis of my field samples last week and will finish most of the work this week; so far not terribly exciting results but we will see how it all turns out in the end. Such is the life of a scientist-months of work for 'meh' results sometimes!
I've also been working on the comments for my manuscript. I finally got a head of steam and made good progress with the changes that needed to be made. It's due back to the editor by early December, and with the upcoming SETAC conference and Thanksgiving just around the corner I've been trying to get it done before life gets in the way. I think we'll be in good shape, though, and I look forward to getting it sent out before the new year.
I'm also giving a presentation as part of our departmental seminar series in less than 2 weeks. I have about 40 slides and still have a couple of things to add. This will be the first time I've had to give a full seminar (55-ish minutes), and I am not used to talking in front of people for that long! I'm also giving a talk at the SETAC conference but that one will only have to be 15 minutes long, and I'll probably end up using most of the same slides from the seminar.
It's definitely been busy but a nice autumn so far. Have had lots of opportunities to catch up with friends, get more active in our church through choir, and I even had time to make an awesome halloween costume. Grad school life can get to you sometimes but all in all it's not such a bad gig!
Time to go finish off this Wednesday with a work-out...more updates on the events for the upcoming SETAC conference in the next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment