Sunday, April 1, 2012

April fool's day!

Unfortunately the only trick played today was on me! My fish tricked me into thinking my experiment was going to work. They were acting fine, eating and reproducing and not dying...then they started to not do so well and this morning when I went to check on them most of them were gone :(

BUT life goes on, and while this experiment has failed I've had lots of other good things going on. The last bit of lab work I needed for my paper is working really well, so hopefully this month I'll be done with all of the figures. I've got a rough rough draft that I'll send to my boss this week. I'm hoping to submit this paper in May or June if my co-authors like it. Fingers crossed that the rest of the lab work goes well!

It's been a beautiful day here as well. Yesterday was rainy so I saved my Saturday biking trip for today. It's starting to get hot but even amidst the sweating I love that trail ride. Being surrounded by the trees and flying past the flowers, houses, and squirrels is invigorating. I've done it so often now I can feel the next hill before it arrives and know when I'm getting close to my favorite flat part or a stop sign. I always come home sore and tired but ready for it all again next week.

I took a video of the half way point, but for some reason the sound wasn't on so my commentary is lost. I think I said something about how it was deserted on the trail, then about how far away Hawthorne is (about 20 miles from the city center), and something about being thirsty...

Happy Palm Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment