Saturday, February 25, 2012

Heading west soon

Whew, glad to have that busy week behind me. Lab work is going alright (problems amidst successes, which seems like par for the course when lab work is concerned!) but there was lots of other stuff like meetings and seminars that slowed me down a bit. Got caught up on a lot of work yesterday and today and am ready to head out to Salt Lake City for a ski trip tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if my thigh muscles are ready but my mind sure is!

The Oscars are tomorrow, and this year I've been a bit behind in getting caught up on watching all the best picture nominees. This afternoon I saw The Descendants, really good movie and very emotionally-powered. I hope George Clooney gets the best actor oscar for this movie! The Artist will probably win best picture but I'm secretly hoping for an underdog victory for Midnight in Paris. And how could I not, with such a brilliant script, a touching story, and an amazing soundtrack?

No comments:

Post a Comment