Monday, August 1, 2011

Such a good weekend!!!

I have so much to write about after such a great weekend! Lots of amazing sights in Kyoto and lots of pondering about my life here in Japan after a month and a half has passed. But I still have pictures to organize and edit, lab work to do, and a few other little things that need my attention. BUT I'll give a bigger update on how everything was before the week is over :)

One quick note: I felt my first earthquake last night. There have been several since I've been here-including some that the other fellows who are in Okazaki felt-but I hadn't felt any until last night. I was half asleep and was really confused as to why my bed was gently shaking. When I realized I wasn't dreaming/going crazy, I figured out that it was a really small earthquake. It's really hard to describe, it wasn't jarring or intense but just felt like you were on a boat that was getting moved around by gentle but fast waves. It lasted maybe a minute and when I realized what it actually was I thought it was pretty cool. So now I can say that I've been through one!

Well, back to the lab. Kyoto photos to come soon and a better post after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment