Thursday, August 18, 2011

An interesting series of events/can't believe it's almost done!

Last weekend in Tokyo has been one of my most varied and interesting experiences so far in Japan! Activities ranged from normal sightseeing stuff, museums, and shopping to staying up all night dancing, maid cafes, karaoke, a seaside barbeque, and kabuki. Lots of stories from each event; I don't have the time or the words to explain some of them (and some of them shouldn't be put on the internet :I). All in all I'm so thankful to have been able to do so many different things with friends-both old a new ones!-in such a crazy city and in such a great country!

I can't believe I only have a week and a half left here...part of me is super excited to get back to get back to America but I'm going to miss Japan so much! It's been an amazing summer; I've learned a lot here in the lab and was able to step back from what I've already done and synthesize these past two years of school. Work was hard the first month I got here but after I finished up my experiments I got to experience some amazing parts of Japan, all while living amidst a group of people that are so friendly and helpful.

Time to go finish laundry and get ready for another crazy weekend of assorted events. Then a week of traveling to see even more of this great country!

No comments:

Post a Comment