Saturday, April 10, 2010

A rare Saturday

After spending the past month traveling, working on presentations and papers, then traveling some more, it's nice to have a weekend at home. I'm taking a bit of a break from lab work this weekend (next week will be a different story, haha) to enjoy the awesome weather and get caught up on some thinking.

This morning I did one of my favorite G-ville activities: my 30-mile cycling loop on the Hawthorne trail. It was a beautiful morning, no wind, sunny and in the mid-70's. Perfect chance to get some pent-up energy out (averaged 18 mph, fastest I've gone on my own!) and to do some thinking. Now I'm spending some time reading a few papers and editing a paper for class.

Tomorrow I hope to study some statistics and get some preliminary ideas for a research plan. I worked on one a while back but now my focus has shifted a little bit to something more comprehensive. I'll be sure to update my plans as I develop them. Until then, back to enjoying my saturday "off" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment