Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!

Tomorrow is the first day of the Spring 2013 semester. It's likely to be a busy but exciting year ahead as Austin and I finish up projects and papers with the hope of graduating in December. This spring I'll be finishing up most of my experiments, completing my second paper, starting my dissertation, and helping teach a course with my advisor. I'll also be traveling for the Young Environmental Scientist meeting in February in Krakow, Poland and likely for the Southeast SETAC regional chapter meeting in Alabama as well.

While life ahead will certainly be busy, I look forward to the challenges and opportunities that this last year of school will bring. A chance to tie up loose ends for my research and finally develop a complete picture of my work, continuing to celebrate life and life events with friends and family, lots of traveling, and opportunities to reach out to the community through church and school.

This weekend was spent getting life back in order in the Brockmeier house-errands, organizing, etc. I also went on a nice bike ride this afternoon, a good chance to get some energy out and clear my head before the semester begins. Followed by a relaxing dinner with drinks at home...can't be beat!

I hope everyone's 2013 kicks off to a good start! And don't be afraid to follow Captain Picard's wise advice:

No comments:

Post a Comment