I had a good meeting with one of my committee members today, but it reminded me of how big of a deal this qualifying exam will be and how much I still need to prepare for it! Some areas won't be too bad but the things that I've just started learning about (like fin anatomy and development) will require me to do a lot more background reading before the end of next month. Everyone is confident that I'll do well but it will be quite the journey of preparation until I finish the darn thing...
For now I'm going to enjoy my last weekend of non-studying/reading freedom: US Open finals this weekend, a lazy Saturday morning at my apartment sipping coffee, and going to the UAB football match tomorrow night. So I'm thinking about quals in the back of my mind but am going to let myself relax and enjoy this weekend to the fullest!
No comments:
Post a Comment