I've been helping out at a conference in Tampa this week, and I seemed to have forgotten about all the classes I'm taking this semester. I've found lately that I really enjoy classes and don't mind studying, but if I have other things to do like write grants, work with my fish, or go to conferences that I lose most of my interest. Hopefully after I head home tomorrow I'll get motivated to study again :)
I really like both of my classes this semester. One is more organic chemistry/metabolism and the other is focused on reproductive physiology. Both are really interesting and quite different from what I've been focused on the past year, which is a nice change. I'm also getting ready to send out a small departmental grant that my advisers and I have been working on. It's due in less than a week, hoping that all goes well with that. This week I've also been lending a hand at the International Symposium for Aquatic Animal Health which has been really fun. Met lots of great students and professors, got to see the Florida Aquarium and Busch gardens, and am staying at a lovely hotel overlooking Tampa Bay.
So the moral of this random post is that life is busy (as noted by my lack of updates) but it's also really exciting and fun. Us scientists really know how to work hard and play hard :)
No comments:
Post a Comment