Thursday, March 26, 2009

News and Updates

This week has been quite eventful and exciting! On Tuesday I found out that a paper with some of my data from my summer research project has been accepted! My first co-authored journal article is going to be published in the journal of Chemico-Biological interactions. Pretty exciting!

On Wednesday I gave my thesis presentation for the Honors program. It went very well and I ended up winning 2nd place out of all the honors presentations! If you would like to see my power point presentation, you can see a PDF version of it on the first link below. I've also included a link to my poster (a bit more impressive as a 56" by 48" poster than on a small computer screen) that was on display as part of the UNO centennial creative activity and research fair.

My senior thesis presentation

My senior thesis poster

This afternoon I'm receiving an award for outstanding Life Sciences undergraduate major at the UNO honors convocation. After all of the excitement of this week, next week will probably be a bit less eventful...but also a bit more relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment